Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Journey Starts

At the end of June 2011,  I was sitting on the floor of my closet crying because nothing I owned fit.  I was squeezed into absolutely every article of my clothing.  I was a bloated, out of shape mess that couldn't walk up a flight of stairs without being winded.   I picked myself up off that floor and made changes.  Lots of changes. 


In the past year I have lost 40 pounds and gone from an almost size 16 to a size 2.  I hear the following  questions on a regular basis: 

What's your secret?
Do you starve yourself?
How often do you work out?
What diet are you on?

So I decided to share what I've learned along this incredible journey of health and fitness.  Before we start, I'd like to point out that I am NOT a personal trainer and have no desire to become one.  If you're looking for a trainer, contact me; I'll get you in touch with a few.  I'm not a fitness or nutrition expert, but I AM an expert on what worked for me.  

Here are the answers to the above questions:

  • There isn't just one.  There are many. (I have a Yoda complex)
  • Nope; I eat like a horse.  Ask my friends. 
  • In the beginning I worked out at least 6 times a week.  Now it's at least 3 (I prefer more). 
  • I'm not on a "diet."  I changed my eating habits and will eat like this forever. 




1 comment: